PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Hatcountry.com has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. We have made a commitment to meet the strict requirements regarding how we treat your information. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for www.hatcountry.com
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Hatcountry website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
When ordering from Hatcountry, the following information is required:
- NAME - We use this info to send you your order, and to address you with information or questions regarding your order. We also use this name in conjunction with an address to send notices and catalogs. Anyone may remove himself or herself from receiving Hatcountry advertisements in the mail simply by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287).
- BILLING ADDRESS - We use this info to send you your order if you have requested that your order be sent to your billing address. In addition, your billing address is used to verify your credit card information to prevent fraud. We also use this address to send notices and catalogs. Anyone may remove himself or herself from receiving Hatcountry advertisements in the mail simply by sending a request to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287).
- PHONE NUMBER (daytime/nighttime) - We use this to phone you if there is any problem or concern with your order. Anyone may remove himself or herself from receiving Hatcountry phone calls simply by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287).
- E-MAIL ADDRESS - Your e-mail address is used to send you information regarding your order, and to send you news and information regarding products and offers available at Hatcountry. Your e-mail address is NEVER shared, sold, or given to any third party. Anyone may remove themselves from our email lists simply by changing this preference in the "Your Account" area online, sending a request to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287). We also store your e-mail address in conjunction with a password to allow you secure and private access to view online status of your orders in the "Your Account" area.
- SHIP-TO NAME AND ADDRESS - If you are sending products to an address different than the billing address, the information collected is used to direct shipments to the appropriate destination. We also use this address to send notices and catalogs. Anyone may remove themselves from receiving Hatcountry advertisements in the mail simply by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287).
- CREDIT CARD INFORMATION - This information is used only to charge your credit card for the orders you submit to us.
RECEIVING OUR NEWS
You must submit your e-mail address to receive our news, but we do not share your e-mail address with ANY third party. Your e-mail address is used only to send you news regarding our products and offers, and your subscription can be cancelled by changing this preference in the "Your Account" area online, sending a request to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287).
IN STOCK REMINDER
We offer free email reminders to let you know when items come In Stock. If your e-mail address is already in our database, the above policy regarding â€œE-mail Addressâ€ use applies. If your e-mail address was previously not in our database, your e-mail is NEVER shared, sold, or given to any third party. Anyone may remove himself or herself from this list simply by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-915-HATS(4287).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
An explanation of the information we collect, and how we use it is detailed here. We repeat our general use of information we collect here: We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We will not share name and contact information with outside parties. We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We will not share the information you provide about someone with outside parties. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use the Skip Jack Secured Socket Layer (SSL) which encrypts data from the Internet to our location, to insure the safety of all orders placed on Hatcountry.com. This is verified by the GeoTrust Icon displayed on our site. If your web browser handles the SSL protocol, your credit card is as safe as the Internet currently handles. We are also protected by ScanAlert wihich tests daily for hacking vulnerabilities on our site. This means our site is compliant with the following services:
MasterCard SDP (Site Data Protection)
SDP is the MasterCard "Site Data Protection" program. ScanAlert's HACKER SAFE certification, and its underlying vulnerability auditing technology, has been tested and certified by MasterCard International to meet the requirements for remote vulnerability assessments of MasterCard's SDP compliance regulations.
ScanAlert's vulnerability audits are also fully accredited to meet the requirements of Visa USA's Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) and Visa International's Account Information Security Program (AIS), as well as the American Express DSS and Discover Card DISC standards. For more information regarding the MasterCard Site Data Protection program we recommend you visit the official MasterCard SDP website.
ScanAlert HACKER SAFE
Sites certified as HACKER SAFE are tested daily to pass all external vulnerability audit recommendations of the Department of Homeland Security's National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC), the SANS/FBI Top 20 Internet Security Vulnerabilitie list as well as the vulnerability audit requirements of Visa's CISP and AIS, MasterCard's SDP, American Express' DSS and Discover Card's DISC security standards.
HACKER SAFE sites are also certified to be in compliance with the network perimeter security criteria mandated in such regulations as: the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA) and the Government Information Security Reform Act (GISRA), as well as Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
SANS / FBI Top 20 Vulnerability Test Compliant
Indicates this device has been specifically tested and certified to pass the SANS/FBI Twenty Most Critical Internet Security Vulnerabilities Test as of your latest security audit.
The SANS/FBI Top Twenty is a consensus list of vulnerabilities that are updated from time to time. Although there are thousands of security incidents each year, the overwhelming majority of successful attacks target one or more of these twenty vulnerable services. For more information, please visit the SANS Top 20 Vulnerabilies accredited vendor list.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
You can access a variety of your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain it by contacting our customer service representatives by phone at 1-800-915-HATS(4287). We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
OTHER SITES LINKED TO HAT COUNTRY
HatCountry is linked to the following sites -
- WWW.skipjack.com - Hatcountry runs its SSL server through skipjack.com. A link to skipjack.com on the HatCountry homepage allows confirmation of Hat Country's SSL status. Skipjack.com operates under its own privacy and security policies which can be further evaluated at www.skipjack.com
HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 1-800-915-HATS(4287) or send us an email at email@example.com